I’ve been out on hiatus for a few weeks; my best friend got married on Mexico and I recently started a new job! Yay for me!
I think, maybe, possibly (hopefully) my week will be back to normal, and I can keep making yummy delicious goodies for all of you!!!! I’ve returned to you with Crock Pot Apple Butter ❤
A few notes: I suggest using a mix of in-season apple. A variety of apples gives a more unique flavor. I also suggest giving yourself an entire day to let your apple butter cook; start in the morning! Your house will smell amazing all day 🙂
Makes approx. 16 oz. (volume)
Chopped Apples (I chose 3 Honey Crisp and 1 Gala) – 2 lbs.
Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 c.
Brown Sugar – 1 c. packed
Lemon Juice – 1 TB
Ground Cloves – 1/4 tsp.
Ground Allspice – 1/4 tsp.
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp.
Cinnamon Sticks – 4, whole
- Place chopped apples, apple cider vinegar and brown sugar in crock pot. Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Add lemon juice, cloves, allspice, vanilla and cinnamon sticks. Cover and cook for 4 more hours.
- Remove cinnamon sticks. Use a whisk to break up apples. If you wish, you can use a food processor to blend your apple butter in batches, but I like a little bit of chunk in my apple butter.
- Cover and cook for an additional 4 hours on high.
- Continue breaking up your apples with a whisk. Cook, uncovered, on low for 1 hour or until any extra liquid has evaporated.
- Allow apple butter to cool before canning or storing. Apple butter can be kept in tupperware in the fridge, or you can properly can it for longer keeping!
Serve on toast or use with baking! This would be excellent in an apple pie filling 🙂